Each year, the Ten-Minute Play Festival is open to all SETC convention attendees no matter your age or affiliation. All you have to do is apply and be ready to CREATE and PRODUCE a production within 24 hours.
How to Participate
Applications for the 2017 Ten-Minute Play Festival can be completed when you register for the 68th annual SETC Convention. This year’s festival performances will take place at the beautiful Lexington Children’s Theatre, just one block from the main convention site at Lexington Center.
Here’s How it Works:
- Actors perform audition monologues.
- Playwrights work throughout the night to create their plays.
- The next morning, directors select a completed script and choose the actors.
- Groups work together to rehearse and stage their plays.
- The Ten-Minute Play Festival culminates in an evening of public performances followed by a response session.
A response session immediately follows the performances of the ten-minute plays that have been conceived, written and rehearsed over the previous 24 hours.
Doug Grissom is a playwright and professor at the University of Virginia, where he heads the playwriting program.
For more information regarding the Ten-Minute Play Festival, please contact Laura King, Chair of the Ten-Minute Play Festival. Email Laura King
Laura King is an award-winning playwright who resides south of Atlanta. She holds an MFA in playwriting from Hollins University and is an instructor of theatre at Gordon State College. Laura’s plays are available at StageRights, YouthPLAYS, Polychoron Press and the New Play Exchange.