Spring Professional Auditions
Real Work. Real Theatres. Real Opportunity
March 3-5, 2016 | Greensboro, NC
For more than 66 years, SETC has been bringing hiring theatre companies together with professional actors, singers and dancers all in one place: SETC’s Annual Convention. This year’s convention in Greensboro, NC, will once again offer a one-stop shop for auditions and callbacks where actors find quality work and companies discover quality talent.
Companies can count on excellence. SETC hosts the nation's most reliable, longest running combined auditions — where quality has counted for over 66 years. Theatre companies come to these auditions knowing they’ll discover carefully screened, professional talent (from over 800 actors, dancers and singers) who you’ll be eager to hire. (Don't forget there's also Theatre Job Fair for all non-acting hiring!)
How to Register/Apply
To participate, theatres and actors must register for Convention, and actors must apply/be approved for an audition slot.
Download the correct registration packet for you, and get started on your application! Give us a call if you need any help:
Check Your Eligibility
Actors must meet the following criteria to be considered a career professional and eligible to audition:
- You’ve had at least two paid acting contracts in professional theatres. Theatres must be recognized as a fully operational professional theatre.
- OR, you are a member of Actor’s Equity Association (not EMC).
- AND You must be able to include recommendations from two directors with professional credits in your application..
- OR, you must be able to provide your SAG or Equity Card number in your application AND present your SAG or Equity Card onsite at the auditions.
- AND You are at least 18 years old AND are not enrolled in school.
- OR, you must have gone through SETC Professional Screening Auditions: Actors enrolled in undergraduate programs at the time of the professional screenings, must have successfully passed SETC Professional Screening Auditions in one of the 10 Southeastern states. MFA graduate students in Theatre Performance programs are eligible to apply directly to SETC, provided they meet all professional criteria for career (except enrollment). Graduate students in non-performance programs or who do NOT meet the professional criteria are required to pass the SETC Screening Auditions in their assigned state.
Auditionees can count on vast opportunities. Actors, dancers and singers audition for thousands of jobs with a wide variety of companies from across the nation.
- Find a job that fits your schedule with summer and year-round/job-in employment opportunities.
- Audition for a variety of entertainment venues, including repertory, stock, touring and dinner theatres, cruise ships, theme parks, etc.
- Audition for straight shows, musicals and/or cabaret and corporate entertainment shows.
Call the SETC Central Office at (336) 272-3645 to speak with April.