Real Work. Real Theatres.
SETC - Where Quality Has Counted for Over 65 Years
SETC hosts the nation's most reliable, longest running combined auditions as part of the Annual Convention. Over 800 professional actors/actresses, dancers and singers audition and get acting jobs with theatre companies from across the nation for both summer and year-round employment at repertory, stock, summer, touring and dinner theatres, cruise ships, theme parks and other entertainment venues. The theatres hire for straight shows as well as for musicals and cabaret/corporate entertainment shows. To obtain an audition slot, you must register for Convention, apply and be approved for an audition slot.
SETC Spring Professional Auditions
March 5 - 7, 2015 in Chattanooga, TN
EMPLOYERS: HIRING THEATRE REGISTRATION
Check out which companies will be hiring in Chattanooga
(Listings for 2015 will be updated as they register)
Auditionee Qualifications to be considered Professional: (you must meet all to qualify)
- Minimum of two paid ACTING contracts in professional theatres.
(Theatres must be recognized by SETC Auditions Committee as a fully operational professional theatre).
- Or... You may be a fully paid current member of Actor's Equity Association (not EMC).
- Recommendations by two DIRECTORS from professional credits listed on your application.
- Equity members exempt from getting references, but must provide Equity Card # in application and present card onsite at auditions.
- Must be 18 years of age or older.
- Must not be enrolled in school (have completed your education/training).**
Questions? Contact April, Professional Theatre Services, or call the SETC Central Office (336) 272-3645.
** Actors enrolled in undergraduate or graduate programs at the time of the professional screenings, whether or not they have earned a salary acting, must attend the Professional Screening Auditions. Some MFA Graduate students in Theatre Performance program may be eligible to apply directly to SETC. However, they must contact the SETC Central Office well in advance of their state's SETC Screening Application deadline to secure the necessary permission to do this.