Spring Professional Auditions
Real Work. Real Theatres. Real Opportunity.
March 5-7, 2015 | Chattanooga, TN
For more than 65 years, SETC has been bringing hiring theatre companies together with professional actors, singers and dancers all in one place: SETC’s Annual Convention. This year’s convention in Chattanooga, TN, will once again offer a one-stop shop for auditions and callbacks where actors find quality work and companies discover quality talent.
Companies can count on excellence. SETC hosts the nation's most reliable, longest running combined auditions — where quality has counted for over 65 years. Theatre companies come to these auditions knowing they’ll discover carefully screened, professional-level talent (from over 800 actors, dancers and singers) who they’ll be eager to hire.
How to Register/Apply:
To participate, theatres and actors must register for Convention, and actors must apply/be approved for an audition slot.
Download the correct registration packet for you, and get started on your application! Give us a call if you need any help:
Auditionees can count on vast oppportunities. Actors, dancers and singers audition for thousands of jobs with a wide variety of companies from across the nation.
- Find a job that fits your schedule with summer and year-round employment opportunities.
- Audition for a variety of entertainment venues, including repertory, stock, touring and dinner theatres, cruise ships, theme parks, etc.
- Audition for straight shows, musicals and/or cabaret and corporate entertainment shows.
Read more about the audition in the Handbook for Auditionees
Check Your Eligibility:
Actors must meet the following criteria to be considered professional and eligible to audition:
- You’ve had at least two paid acting contracts in professional theatres. (Theatres must be recognized as a fully operational professional theatre).
- OR, you are a member of Actor’s Equity Association (not EMC).
- You must be able to include recommendations from two directors with professional credits in your application.
You are at least 18 years old AND are not enrolled in school.
- OR, you must be able to provide your Equity Card number in your application AND present your Equity Card onsite at the auditions.
- OR, you must have gone through Professional Screening Auditions: Actors enrolled in undergraduate or graduate programs at the time of the professional screenings, must have successfully passed screening auditions in one of the 10 Southeastern states. MFA Graduate students in theatre performance programs may be eligible to apply directly to SETC but must contact the SETC Central Office well in advance of SETC's Screening Application deadline to secure the waiver request.