Spring Professional Auditions
Real Work. Real Theatres. Real Opportunity
Thank you to all 875 actors, singers and dancers and the 66 companies who made this year's Spring Professional Auditions at the 67th annual SETC Convention a success. For more than 66 years, SETC has been bringing hiring theatre companies together with professional actors, singers and dancers all in one place: SETC’s Annual Convention. This year’s convention in Greensboro, NC, once again offered a one-stop shop for auditions and callbacks where actors found quality work and companies discovered quality talent. The 2017 Sping Professional Auditions will take place March 2-4, 2017, in Lexington, KY.
Take a look at these production photos from companies who frequently hire through SETC:
Companies can count on excellence. SETC hosts the nation's most reliable, longest running combined auditions — where quality has counted for over 66 years. Theatre companies come to these auditions knowing they’ll discover carefully screened, professional talent (from over 800 actors, dancers and singers) who you’ll be eager to hire. (Don't forget there's also Theatre Job Fair for all non-acting hiring!)
Auditionees can count on vast opportunities. Actors, dancers and singers audition for thousands of jobs with a wide variety of companies from across the nation. Find a job that fits your schedule with summer and year-round/job-in employment opportunities. Audition for a variety of entertainment venues, including repertory, stock, touring and dinner theatres, cruise ships, theme parks, etc. Audition for straight shows, musicals and/or cabaret and corporate entertainment shows.
Check Your Eligibility
To participate, actors, singers and dancers must register for the annual convention and apply and be approved for an audition slot.
Actors must meet the following criteria to be considered a career professional and eligible to audition:
- You’ve had at least two paid acting contracts in professional theatres. Theatres must be recognized as a fully operational professional theatre.
- AND You must be able to include recommendations from two directors with professional credits in your application..
- AND You are at least 18 years old AND are not enrolled in school.
- OR, you must have been passed through the SETC Professional Screening Auditions: Actors enrolled in undergraduate programs at the time of the professional screenings, must have successfully passed SETC Professional Screening Auditions in one of the 10 Southeastern states. MFA graduate students in Theatre Performance programs are eligible to apply directly to SETC, provided they meet all professional criteria for career (except enrollment). Graduate students in non-performance programs or who do NOT meet the professional criteria are required to pass the SETC Screening Auditions in their assigned state.
- OR You are a current, fully paid member of Actor's Equity or Screen Actor's Guild (Not EMC)
- You must be able to provide your SAG or Equity Card number in your application, AND present your SAG or Equity Card onsite at auditions to pick up your namebadge.
Call the SETC Central Office at (336) 272-3645 to speak with April.