“The arts are a right, not a privilege… No citizen should be deprived of the beauty and insights into the human experience only the arts can impart.”
– National Council on the Arts, 1973
Individuals who require an auxiliary aid or service for effective communications or assistance to participate in an SETC program or activity should contact SETC with a specific request no later than one month prior to the start of the event.
I. SETC, upon request, will attempt to provide sign language interpretation for the three keynote presentations at its Annual Convention, based on availability of qualified signers in the community.
- Arrangements must be made in advance to ensure availability.
- Minimum of two months and one confirmed convention participant is required.
Email Central Office or call 336-272-3645.
II. SETC provides access to people who have limited mobility. Wheelchair seating will be made available by request in the front of all general sessions and at request for specific workshops.
- Request must be made by February 1 by the registered and confirmed participant.
- It is imperative that any auditioning actor who needs special assistance informs SETC Central Office upon receiving their notice of eligibility to audition.
III. SETC will offer large print convention program upon request. The annual program will be enlarged to an 18 Point (or higher) per request.
- Request should be made by February 1 to SETC Central Office by the registered and confirmed participant.