In 2017, the Institute of Outdoor Theatre transitioned into its new partnership and management relationship with SETC. Together SETC and the IOT are building upon the services that have long been valued by members, including Summer/Outdoor Theatre Auditions, an annual conference, year-round consulting, and online resources.
Summer and Outdoor Theatre Auditions
Each January, SETC Outdoor Theatre conducts auditions for summer and outdoor theatres including acting, singing, dance and stage combat auditions. Interviews are also available for technical positions and internship opportunities. The 2019 auditions will be held Jan. 18 and 19, 2019, at Greensboro College in Greensboro, NC. Applications will open on Dec. 5, 2018 at Noon ET. There are limited audition slots available, so register early before they sell out.
National Conference on Outdoor Theatre
Each October theatre leaders gather for a multi-day networking event where conference attendees trade insights and explore new concepts. It is an opportunity to meet others in the industry and share experiences. The 2018 conference was hosted by The Lost Colony in Manteo, NC and was a great success. Click on the link below to view the 2018 programming that was offered. We hope to see you next year!
Theatre Consulting Network
SETC and the Institute of Outdoor Theatre have combined their consulting and technical assistance programs in a new initiative: the Theatre Consulting Network. The Theatre Consulting Network will draw on the resources of a national network of theatre specialists to advise organizations on a comprehensive range of issues.
- Consulting Project: Is there a use for Mifflin’s Johnny Appleseed Center? – Ashland Times-Gazette, June 2018
- Consulting Project: Steeples Project seeks to convert former Johnstown church into theater – Pittsburgh Post-Gazette, April 2017
- SETC, IOT Collaborate on Transition – SETC News, November/December 2016
- Institute of Outdoor Theatre to Become Part of SETC – SETC News, July/August 2016
- Letter from the Director – IOT Newsletter, May 2016, Volume 9, Issue 2