In 2017, the Institute of Outdoor Theatre transitioned into its new partnership and management relationship with SETC. Together SETC and the IOT are building upon the services that have long been valued by IOT members, including Outdoor Theatre Auditions, the annual conference, year-round consulting, and online resources.
National Conference on Outdoor Theatre
Join fellow theatre leaders for a multi-day networking event where we’ll trade insights and explore new concepts. This is an opportunity to meet others in the industry and share your experience. The 55th National Conference on Outdoor Theatre will be hosted by The Lost Colony, Oct. 16-18, 2018 in Manteo, NC. Learn more and register!
Theatre Consulting Network
SETC and the Institute of Outdoor Theatre have combined their consulting and technical assistance programs in a new initiative: the Theatre Consulting Network. The Theatre Consulting Network will draw on the resources of a national network of theatre specialists to advise organizations on a comprehensive range of issues.
Outdoor and Summer Theatre Auditions
Each January, the Institute of Outdoor Theatre conducts auditions for outdoor and summer theatre including acting, singing, dance and stage combat auditions. Interviews are also available for technical positions and internship opportunities. The 2019 auditions will be held the weekend of Jan. 19, 2019, at Greensboro College in Greensboro, NC. Applications will open on Dec. 5, 2018 at Noon ET. There are limited audition slots available, so register early before they sell out.
- Consulting Project: Is there a use for Mifflin’s Johnny Appleseed Center? – Ashland Times-Gazette, June 2018
- Consulting Project: Steeples Project seeks to convert former Johnstown church into theater – Pittsburgh Post-Gazette, April 2017
- SETC, IOT Collaborate on Transition – SETC News, November/December 2016
- Institute of Outdoor Theatre to Become Part of SETC – SETC News, July/August 2016
- Letter from the Director – IOT Newsletter, May 2016, Volume 9, Issue 2