In 2017, the Institute of Outdoor Theatre transitioned into its new partnership and management relationship with SETC. SETC is maintaining and building upon services that have long been valued by the outdoor theatre community, including Summer and Outdoor Theatre Auditions, an annual national conference, year-round consulting, and online resources.
Follow SETC Outdoor Theatre on Social Media:
National Conference on Outdoor Theatre
Each October theatre leaders gather for a multi-day networking event where conference attendees trade insights and explore new concepts. It is an opportunity to meet others in the industry and share experiences. The 2018 conference was hosted by The Lost Colony in Manteo, NC and was a great success. The 2019 conference will be hosted by the Santa Fe Opera Oct. 1-3. Click the link below for upcoming programming details. We hope you can join us in Santa Fe!
Summer and Outdoor Theatre Auditions
Each January, SETC Outdoor Theatre conducts auditions for summer and outdoor theatres including acting, singing, dance and stage combat auditions. Interviews are also available for technical positions and internship opportunities. The 2019 auditions were held Jan. 18 and 19, 2019, at Greensboro College in Greensboro, NC. Check back for 2020 audition dates and application details.
Theatre Consulting Network
SETC and the Institute of Outdoor Theatre have combined their consulting and technical assistance programs in a new initiative: the Theatre Consulting Network. The Theatre Consulting Network will draw on the resources of a national network of theatre specialists to advise organizations on a comprehensive range of issues.
- Consulting Project: Is there a use for Mifflin’s Johnny Appleseed Center? – Ashland Times-Gazette, June 2018
- Consulting Project: Steeples Project seeks to convert former Johnstown church into theater – Pittsburgh Post-Gazette, April 2017
- SETC, IOT Collaborate on Transition – SETC News, November/December 2016
- Institute of Outdoor Theatre to Become Part of SETC – SETC News, July/August 2016
- Letter from the Director – IOT Newsletter, May 2016, Volume 9, Issue 2