2019 Dates & Details
Audition Dates: Aug. 25 & 26, 2019
Venue: Sheraton Charlotte Hotel, Uptown Charlotte, NC
The Stage Is Yours!!: 7:30 p.m., Aug. 24, 2019
Plan to arrive Saturday evening, and start preparing your act for our annual social event, The Stage Is Yours!!, sponsored by Break A Leg Network.
Online registration is closed, but we will be accepting walk-in registrations for acting and/or singer auditions on site. Registration for dancer-only auditions is now closed.
To participate in the 2019 Fall Unified Professional Auditions as a walk-in, you must (1) complete the online application and (2) bring 20 printed copies of your application and payment with you to the audition site. All paperwork and references must be complete prior to registering on site. Be sure to read all guidelines and instructions before applying to make sure you are eligible to audition. Please note: Applying does not guarantee you an audition spot.
- Audition Date for Walk-Ins: Monday, Aug. 26, 2019
- Walk-In Registration Cost: $60
- Walk-In Registration Hours & Location:
Sunday, Aug. 25: 1 – 6 p.m.
Monday, Aug. 26: 7:30 – 8:15 a.m.
Sheraton Charlotte Hotel
555 S McDowell St, Uptown Charlotte, NC
- Actor/Singer Walk-In Application Guidelines
Please Note: The refund deadline has passed:
Refund Deadline: Noon ET on Aug. 12, 2019
Online reservations for the SETC group block have closed. Please call the Sheraton Charlotte Hotel directly at (704) 372-4100 and identify yourself as a member of Southeastern Theatre Conference or SETC to make a reservation under SETC’s block.
Flying to Charlotte?
Delta Air Lines is pleased to offer special discounts for Southeastern Theatre Conference.
Go to www.Delta.com and enter Meeting Event Code NY2WM under “Advanced Search”.
You may also call Delta Meeting Network® at 1.800.328.1111* Monday–Friday, 7:00 a.m. – 7:30 p.m. (CT) and refer to Meeting Event Code NY2WM. *Please note there is not a service fee for reservations booked and ticketed via our reservation 800 number.
We’re excited to announce that this year’s auditions will include some added bonuses:
- Alison Lenox of ACL Theatre Resources is making samples of Treading the Boards available for all auditionees. Two winners of The Stage Is Yours!! will receive full copies.
- Annie Chadwick of Up to Date Theatricals will offer two professional workshops for auditionees on site in Charlotte: Seeking Representation 101 and Tax Time. Sign up when you complete your audition application.
Check Your Eligibility
To participate in SETC’s Fall Professional Unified Auditions, actors/singers must meet the following professional qualifications:
- Minimum of two paid acting contracts in professional theatre* (companies must be recognized as professional by SETC Auditions Committee)
OR — Be a fully current member of Actors Equity Association (AEA)
- Two recommendations from the directors of professional credits listed on the application
— AEA members are exempt from this requirement but must provide their Equity Card number on the application AND present their membership card onsite.
- 19 years of age or older & have completed school
- Ability to accept year-round employment (i.e. Not enrolled in school*)
* Fall Qualifier Auditions: Actors who have a single professional contract/reference, but also have a second acting credit and director’s reference, and MFA students who will graduate in December may apply to pre-audition on the Saturday before Fall Professional Unified Auditions. Those approved on Saturday will then audition on Sunday with the other professionals. Please read the full guidelines above.
Attention Union Actors: SETC does not guarantee the presence of Union theatres or the number of roles available at the Fall Professional Unified Auditions.
A wide variety of theatre and entertainment companies from across the nation come to SETC for their casting/hiring needs. Professional theatres from across the U.S. attend to find talent for their upcoming season. Producing companies include regional, repertory, dinner theatres, cruise ships, touring and production companies and other entities that provide monetary compensation/salary on a contracted basis to a majority of its staff. A minimum of two years production history and solid financial standing are required.
Looking to Hire? Visit our Professional Casting Services page for an overview of information and opportunities intended for companies and casting directors.
2018 Fall Auditions by the Numbers
Thank you to all the company representatives and auditionees who made SETC’s 2018 Fall Professional Unified Auditions a success! Held Aug. 25-27, 2018, at the Sheraton Charlotte Hotel in uptown Charlotte, NC, our most recent professional auditions saw 230 actors, singers and dancers audition in front of 37 casting representatives from 23 companies representing 169+ theatres looking to fill more than 2,000 roles with over 250 Equity possibilities. Theatres represented were repertory and stock companies, single show venues, cruise lines, dinner theatres, entertainment agencies, etc. Based on information provided by the hiring companies, theatres offered an average weekly salary of $550, with some as high as $2000/week.
Special thanks to Break A Leg Network for sponsoring 2018’s Saturday evening social event: The Stage Is Yours!! And thank you to Lee Buckholz and Dennis McKeen for emceeing!