2019 Dates & Details
Audition Dates: Aug. 25 & 26, 2019
Venue: Sheraton Charlotte Hotel, Uptown Charlotte, NC
The Stage Is Yours!!: 7:30 p.m., Aug. 24, 2019
Plan to arrive Saturday evening, and start preparing your act for our annual social event, The Stage Is Yours!!, sponsored by Break A Leg Network.
Online Registration Opens: Noon ET on June 14, 2019
Online Registration Deadlines:
Early-Bird: Noon ET on July 15, 2019
Final: Noon ET on Aug. 12, 2019
Refund Deadline: Noon ET on Aug. 12, 2019
Hotel Group Rate Reservation Deadline: Aug. 5, 2019
Use this link to reserve your room at the SETC Group Rate.
We’re excited to announce that this year’s auditions will include some added bonuses:
- Alison Lenox of ACL Theatre Resources is making samples of Treading the Boards available for all auditionees. Two winners of The Stage Is Yours!! will receive full copies.
- Annie Chadwick of Up to Date Theatricals will offer two professional workshops for auditionees on site in Charlotte: Seeking Representation 101 and Tax Time. Sign up when you complete your audition application.
Application Guidelines for Auditionees
Applications open June 14, 2019. To audition, you must apply and be approved for an audition slot. Download the correct application guidelines for you, and give us a call if you need any help:
Check Your Eligibility
To participate in SETC’s Fall Professional Unified Auditions, actors/singers must meet the following professional qualifications:
- Minimum of two paid acting contracts in professional theatre* (companies must be recognized as professional by SETC Auditions Committee)
OR — Be a fully current member of Actors Equity Association (AEA)
- Two recommendations from the directors of professional credits listed on the application
— AEA members are exempt from this requirement but must provide their Equity Card number on the application AND present their membership card onsite.
- 19 years of age or older & have completed high school
- Ability to accept year-round employment (i.e. Not enrolled in school*)
* Fall Qualifier Auditions: Actors who have only one professional contract/reference and MFA students who will graduate in December may apply to pre-audition on the Saturday before Fall Professional Unified Auditions. Those approved on Saturday will then audition on Sunday with the other professionals.
Attention Union Actors: SETC does not guarantee the presence of Union theatres or the number of roles available at the Fall Professional Unified Auditions.
A wide variety of theatre and entertainment companies from across the nation come to SETC for their casting/hiring needs. Professional theatres from across the U.S. attend to find talent for their upcoming season. Producing companies include regional, repertory, dinner theatres, cruise ships, touring and production companies and other entities that provide monetary compensation/salary on a contracted basis to a majority of its staff. A minimum of two years production history and solid financial standing are required.
Looking to Hire? Download the 2019 Company Registration Packet and return it by Aug. 12, 2019. Visit our Professional Casting Services page for an overview of information intended for companies and casting directors.
2018 Fall Auditions by the Numbers
Thank you to all the company representatives and auditionees who made SETC’s 2018 Fall Professional Unified Auditions a success! Held Aug. 25-27, 2018, at the Sheraton Charlotte Hotel in uptown Charlotte, NC, our most recent professional auditions saw 230 actors, singers and dancers audition in front of 37 casting representatives from 23 companies representing 169+ theatres looking to fill more than 2,000 roles with over 250 Equity possibilities. Theatres represented were repertory and stock companies, single show venues, cruise lines, dinner theatres, entertainment agencies, etc. Based on information provided by the hiring companies, theatres offered an average weekly salary of $550, with some as high as $2000/week.
Special thanks to Break A Leg Network for sponsoring 2018’s Saturday evening social event: The Stage Is Yours!! And thank you to Lee Buckholz and Dennis McKeen for emceeing!