The 2023 Fall Professional Auditions will be held virtually.
Registration Opens: July 1st
Registration Closes: August 1st (or when 2,400 have been submitted)
Auditions Adjudicated*: the month of August
Approved Videos to Companies: by August 31st for Fall Hiring
Registration Fee: $40
Auditionees must meet the following qualifications:
- 18 years of age or older (before Aug 1, 2023) and not currently a student.
- Ability to accept year-round employment.
Required materials for all auditionees:
- Contact Information
- Main Audition Video (60 seconds) – Acting Only, Singing Only, Both Acting & Singing
- Acting only – Monologue
- Singing only – Song (song must be accompanied with piano music only)
- Both Acting & Singing – Monologue and Song (both must be included in your video)
- Headshot & Resume
- Dance Reel (3 minutes or less)
- Additional Audition Video (60 seconds) – an opportunity to show more of your talent. (Note: If you are auditioning as an actor & singer, you must include both portions in your MAIN video)
- Movement Video (60 seconds) – for performers who move well, but don’t consider themselves a dancer
A wide variety of professional theatre and entertainment companies from across the nation come to SETC for their casting/hiring needs for upcoming seasons. Producing groups include regional, repertory, stock, and dinner theatres, cruise ships, theme parks, touring and production companies that provide monetary compensation/salary on a contracted basis to a majority of its staff. A minimum of two years of production history and solid financial standing is required.
Registration Opens – July 1st
Registration Closes – No closing date
Registration Fee: $75: includes one representative; additional representatives are $25 each.
Organizational Membership: $80 (required)
If your organization already has a membership, please note it must be active until August 30th to be considered current.
Hiring Companies Past:
|Arizona Broadway Theatre|
|Blue Gate Musicals|
|Bluegrass Opera & Music Theatre|
|Bright Star Touring Theatre|
|Cedarfair – Valleyfair|
|Children’s Theatre of Charlotte|
|Circa ‘21 Dinner Playhouse|
|Cornwell’s Dinner Theatre (Top Hat Productions)|
|Derby Dinner Playhouse|
|Disney Live Entertainment|
|Emerald Coast Theatre Company|
|Empire Theatre / Empire Dance And Performing Arts Studio|
|Foothills Stage Company (A Division Of The Oxford Performing Arts Center)|
|Jefferson Performing Arts Society|
|Missoula Children’s Theatre|
|Mountain Movers Theatre Company|
|Mountain Movers Theatre Company (MOMO Theatre)|
|Norwegian Cruise Line|
|Prather Productions- Broadway Palm, Dutch Apple, Prather Touring Co.|
|RWS Entertainment Group|
|Shadow Box Live|
|Short North Stage|
|Silver Dollar City|
|The National Theatre for Children|
|The REP Theatre|
|The Round Barn Theatre|
|Thunder Bay Theatre|
|Titusville Playhouse, Inc|
|Unto These Hills|
|Vero Beach Theatre Guild|
|Wohlfahrt Haus Dinner Theatre|
All video auditions will be reviewed by members of the SETC Professional Division and deemed (or not) of suitable talent to be passed on to the professional companies who trust SETC to provide them with the best, streamlined talent offering. Those that are approved will be shared with the registered professional companies. No refunds will be issued for video auditions not passed on to the professional companies.