Are These Auditions for Me?
SETC Professional Screening Auditions are for adult, senior citizen and student actors who wish to participate in the Spring Professional Auditions at the annual SETC Convention but who do not yet meet all of the required professional qualifications.* Those who are passed through SETC Screenings will then register for and audition at the 2019 SETC Spring Professional Auditions to be held in Knoxville, TN, Feb. 28 – March 2, 2019.
* Those who already meet the qualifications may apply directly for the Spring Professional Auditions.
You may register for the SETC Screening Auditions in this state if:
- you have a permanent residence in Florida,
- or you’re currently enrolled in a post-secondary school in Florida.
If not, go back and find your assigned state of audition.
Important Dates & Details
SETC Screening Auditions in Florida:
October 26-27, 2018
Santa Fe College
Applications Open: September 14, 2018
Applications Close: October
10 15, 2018, Noon ET
Application Fee: $80
1. Access Instructions
Download and print SETC’s Online Application Instructions. These instructions will walk you through the online application process:
2. Apply by October
10 15, 2018, Noon ET
Following the instructions you downloaded from above, compete and submit the SETC Online Application by Noon Eastern Time of your state’s deadline: October
10 15, 2018.
A Completed Application Means:
- All required information has been filled out.
- Your photo has been uploaded.
- Your reference has contacted SETC with your recommendation & it is in your application.*
- You have submitted your application and paid any required fees through SETC.
* You will not be able to submit your application without a completed reference. Do not wait until the day of the deadline to start this process. Contact your reference early to ensure there’s ample time for the reference to be completed and for you to submit the application before the deadline.
3. Wait & Prepare
You will receive your audition number approximately one week after the application deadline. As you wait for your audition number from SETC, download these important tips and helpful hints to help you prepare for your SETC screening audition:
4. After Your Screening Audition…
Wait to hear back from SETC regarding your screening audition. If you are passed on to audition at SETC in the spring, you must register for the 2019 SETC Convention and pay your spring audition fee by Nov. 12, 2018, at Noon Eastern Time.
The 70th Annual SETC Convention will be held Feb. 27 – March 3, 2019, in Knoxville, TN. Audition dates are Feb. 28 – March 2 (Thursday, Friday and Saturday). You will be assigned to one of those days based on the block of availability for which you are eligible.
The total cost of convention registration, SETC membership, and the spring audition fee will be: $170 for students and $270 for adults.*
*If you plan to register for other events such as the Theatre Job Fair, Graduate School Auditions, etc., you should also register for these at this time. Some activities may incur additional fees.