Convention Dates: Wed. Feb. 27 – Sat. Mar. 2, 2019*
Convention City: Knoxville, Tennessee
Each year, the Southeastern Theatre Conference invites theatre lovers of all kinds — actors, singers, dancers, designers, technicians, stage managers, directors, playwrights, teachers, students, professionals, academicians, etc. — to gather together in celebration of the art of theatre. The annual SETC Convention brings over 4,000 members of our theatre community together for three and a half days of workshops, keynotes, performance festivals, auditions, college recruiting, job interviews, and more. Join us to share your passion for theatre.
* Part 1 of the OSHA Training Program (pre-registration required) and a small number of board meetings begin on Tues. Feb. 26. Additional board meetings take place the morning of Sun., Mar. 3.
On-Site Registration / Check-In
Thank you to everyone who pre-registered for the 70th annual SETC Convention. Upon arrival, most attendees* should head to the SETC Registration Desk at the Knoxville Convention Center’s Clinch Concourse (use the Clinch Ave. entrance) to check in and pick up their convention program and SETC name badge (required for entry to all convention events).
If you plan to register for the convention on site, please download, complete and print the On-Site Registration Form in advance to save time at registration.
It’s not too late to sign up for these convention add-ons:
- Theatre Job Fair: Please read all guidelines and come prepared with the required forms and payment in hand.
- Masterclass With Tim Webb: Available until spots sell out. Pre-registration required.
- Teachers Institute: Please call Cadie Burks in the SETC Central Office at 336-272-3645 to inquire about availability.
On-Site Registration / Check-In Hours**:
- Wed., Feb 27: Noon – 8pm
- Thurs., Feb. 28: 8am – 5pm
- Fri., March 1: 8am – 5pm
- Sat., March 2: 8am – Noon
On-Site Registration / Check-In Location:
- Knoxville Convention Center
Clinch Concourse (Clinch Ave. Entrance)
Directions and Parking Info
* Please Note: Commercial (not Ed Expo) Exhibitors and Professional Hiring Company Representatives should go directly to the Exhibit Hall (Knoxville Convention Center, Third Floor) to check in. Look for specific instructions sent from SETC leading up to the event.
** The SETC Registration Desk will open a half-hour early (7:30-8am) on Thurs., Fri. and Sat. to serve only Professional Auditionees so they can beat the lines and complete check-in before each day’s mandatory morning briefing.
There are several options for parking in and around downtown Knoxville. Many garages and lots are free on weeknights and on weekends. Explore parking options.
Check out www.visitknoxville.com for all kinds of information, including dining options.
Future Convention Dates & Locations
71st Annual Convention
Feb. 26 – Mar. 1, 2020
72nd Annual Convention
Mar. 10–14, 2021
KET, a Kentucky-based PBS educational television network, stopped by the 2017 SETC Convention in Lexington, KY, to shoot behind-the-scenes educational videos featuring the Design Competition and High School Theatre Festival.