71st Annual SETC Convention
Convention Dates: Feb. 26 – March 1, 2020
Convention City: Louisville, KY
Each year, the Southeastern Theatre Conference invites theatre lovers of all kinds — actors, singers, dancers, designers, technicians, stage managers, directors, playwrights, teachers, students, professionals, academicians, etc. — to gather together in celebration of the art of theatre. The annual SETC Convention brings over 5,000 members of our theatre community together for three and a half days of workshops, keynotes, performance festivals, auditions, college recruiting, job interviews, and more. Thanks to everyone who joins us to share their passion for theatre.
- Online Registration Opens: Oct. 15, 2019 @ Noon ET
- Early-Bird Registration Deadline: Dec. 13, 2019 @ Noon ET
- Refund Deadline: Jan. 15, 2020 @ Noon ET (See Refund Policy)
- Deadline to Pre-Register: Jan. 22, 2020 @ Noon ET
- Group Rate Reservations Open: Oct. 15, 2019 @ Noon ET
- Group Rate Cut-Off Date: Varies by Hotel
- View the Official SETC Convention Hotel List
Eleven hotels in downtown Louisville, KY, are offering discounted group rates to SETC Convention attendees. Please support SETC by staying at one of the hotels on our list.
Flying to Louisville?
Delta Air Lines is pleased to offer special discounts for Southeastern Theatre Conference. Go to www.Delta.com and enter Meeting Event Code NY2WM under “Advanced Search”. You may also call Delta Meeting Network® at 1.800.328.1111* Monday–Friday, 7:00 a.m. – 7:30 p.m. (CT) and refer to Meeting Event Code NY2WM. *Please note there is not a service fee for reservations booked and ticketed via our reservation 800 number.
Stay Up to Date:
There are countless ways to participate in the SETC Convention. Registration gives you access to all keynote presentations, the Exhibit Hall, each production at all five theatre festivals, over 300 theatre workshops covering all interest areas and aspects of the industry, and general social and networking events. There are also more specialized events that require additional applications, fees, tickets, etc. With so many opportunities to engage with your theatre community, how will you get involved this year?
Apply for Awards:
Recipients of these awards will earn free registration for the 2020 SETC Convention in addition to other perks.
- John Spiegel Theatrical Artist Award – For Students Pursuing Design/Tech Degrees
Applications Accepted Oct. 16 – Dec. 6, 2019
- KEAP Awards – For Deserving High School Students
Nominations Accepted Nov. 1 – Jan. 15, 2020
- Ready to Publish Award – For Playwrights
Submissions Accepted Oct. 16 – Nov. 20, 2019
- Tom Behm Award – For Professional Development in Theatre for Youth
Applications Accepted Oct. 21, 2019 – Jan. 15, 2020
- Young Scholars Award – For Undergraduate and Graduate Students
Call for Papers Open Aug. 22 – Dec. 9, 2019
Audition or Interview:
- Spring Professional Auditions – For Qualified Actors/Singers/Dancers and Professional Companies
- Theatre Job Fair – For Qualified Job Candidates and Professional Companies
- Graduate Auditions & Design/Tech Interviews – For Prospective Grad Students and Recruiters
- Undergrad Auditions & Design/Tech Interviews – For HS Juniors/Seniors, College Transfer Students and Recruiters
- Design Competition – For Undergraduate and Graduate Designers and Technicians
- Community Theatre Festival or Secondary School Theatre Festival
The Path to Participate in Our Region’s Competitive Festivals Begin at the State Level
- Ready to Direct Competition – For Early Career Designers and Professional Companies
- Stage Management Games – For Student Stage Managers Who Sign Up On Site
- Become a Commercial Exhibitor
Early-Bird Commercial Booth Reservation Deadline: Oct. 15, 2019
Final Commercial Booth Reservation Deadline: Dec. 13, 2019
- Recruit in the Educational Expo
Early-Bird Ed Expo Booth Reservation Deadline: Dec. 13, 2019
Final Ed Expo Booth Reservation Deadline: Jan. 22, 2020
- 17th Annual Fringe Festival
Applications Closed Oct. 15, 2019
- Theatre for Youth Invitational Festival
Applications Closed Sept. 15, 2019
- Ten-Minute Play Festival
Application Accepted With Convention Registration
- ATHE Leadership Institute at SETC – For Theatre Faculty
- OSHA 10-Hour – General Training for the Entertainment Industry
- Teachers Institute – For Teachers and Teaching Artists at All Levels
Workshop Proposals are now closed. Thank you to everyone who submitted!
Accept/Decline Notifications will be sent by: Nov. 1, 2019
Registration Deadline for Accepted Presenters: Dec. 2, 2019 @ Midnight ET
Looking Back: 70th Annual SETC Convention
Thank you to everyone who attended our 2019 SETC Convention in Knoxville, TN!