We need you!
Become an integral part of the SETC convention as a volunteer! Make connections, gain valuable experience, and receive free convention registration.* SETC volunteers find the experience rewarding and many return year after year.
- Positions are filled in order of application date and work area selection. The application window is from Tues., Oct. 16 beginning at 12 noon ET/11 am CT, until Sun., Nov. 18 at 12 midnight ET/11 pm CT. Volunteer assignments will be made as applications are received.
- Work 10+ volunteer hours at the SETC Convention in one of the areas listed below.
- SETC will waive your convention registration fee*.
- Volunteers must be at least 18 years of age at the time of application.
- When approved as a volunteer, you will need to pay SETC Membership by Dec. 14 (Early-Bird Registration Deadline) or lose your volunteer option for registration. Membership cost for students is $45. Regular adult membership is $80, or with the senior citizen discount, $55.
- Pre-convention – Greensboro Central Office (local residents)
- Design Competition
- Exhibit Hall (Ed Expo & Commercial Exhibits)
- Festivals (Fringe, Theatre for Youth, 10-Minute Play, High School, Community)
- High School Theatre Festival Stage Management Team
- Info Hub (looking for local Knoxville residents, and people who are very familiar with SETC Convention events and activities to provide more knowledgeable and useful information)
- Convention Gear (looking for people with retail sales experience).
- Professional Auditions (do not select this if you will be a Professional Auditionee or auditioned in any State Screening).**
- Registration (need detail oriented people, retail credit card process knowledge helpful; also looking for a few people to help reconcile transactions after registration closes each day).
- Special Events (door duty/set-up/take down/checking tickets for banquet, receptions, etc.)
- Teachers Institute (Wed all day before Convention Registration opens)
- Theatre Job Fair**
- Undergraduate/Graduate School Auditions (do not select this if you are auditioning; UG auditionees do not plan to volunteer on Thu/Fri; Grad auditionees do not plan to volunteer on Fri/Sat).**
- Design Awards Crew – 2nd Year! This five-person team will write and produce a fully realized awards style show for the Design Competition Awards Ceremony on Friday night. We’re looking for individuals to manage lighting, sound, projections, stage management and directing for the event. Regular production meetings will be held beginning Wednesday evening. This is a great opportunity to showcase your skills in an ever growing segment of our industry! You’ll have tons of fun and get to know the winners before anyone else (additional application required – email firstname.lastname@example.org to request an application or if you have questions).
Operations (Dream Team) Volunteers
Want to be more involved? Take on substantial responsibility at the SETC Convention and work closely with SETC staff and on-site operations.
- Positions are filled first by returning team members and by application when openings are available.
- You must be willing to commit significant hours for the entire run of the convention for the week, and arrive on Tues., Feb 26, 2019 by noon ET the day before convention opens. (If you are participating in any sort of auditions, it is likely you will not be able to participate on the Dream Team without special arrangements).
- SETC will waive your convention registration fee, and provide free shared lodging during the convention.
- Previous experience as a Convention Volunteer or participation at convention is preferred but not mandatory.
- Volunteers must be at least 18 years of age at the time of application. Contact email@example.com for more information.
* Please Note: General Volunteers are still responsible for paying additional fees if participating in activities that have charges separate from regular convention registration (i.e. auditions, interviews, competitions, Theatre Job Fair, or other special events). You would be responsible for paying the separate fees and clearly communicating your unavailable days and times to the SETC Central Office/Volunteer Coordinator so they can schedule your volunteer hours around any conflicts. If you are participating in a particular activity (auditions, theatre job fair, design comp, etc. it is best NOT to select that area to volunteer.
** If you are participating in either the UG/Grad Auditions AND also in the Professional Auditions you may not be able to volunteer due to audition times and call-back demands leaving very little availability for scheduled volunteer hours.