72nd Annual Convention – Memphis, TN
Workshop Proposal Submission Timeline
|July 7, 2020
Sept. 7, 2020
Oct. 15, 2020
Nov. 1, 2020
Dec. 11, 2020
|Workshop Proposal Submissions Open at 9 a.m.
Deadline: Submit Workshop Proposals with AV Requests by Midnight
Convention Registration Opens at Noon
Accept/Decline Notifications Sent by This Date
Deadline: Accepted Presenters Register by Midnight
2021 Submissions – Open
While we are accepting workshop applications at this time, the programming format of our 2021 convention is subject to change. Please know that we will do our best to inform you of any changes to the 2021 convention that may impact workshop scheduling or your status as a presenter.
SETC strives to achieve a balance of programming for all attendees. Each year, we seek innovative programming that provides practical development for emerging and seasoned professionals alike. Each proposal is reviewed on the criteria listed below.
- Collaborates with other professionals in the field
- Provides professional development
- Contains leading-edge information / theory / innovative practices
- Emphasizes training, learning and performance
- Provides how-to and hands-on training
- Focuses on skill-building
- Provides information not easily accessible to your target audience
- Offers strategies for growing educational, non-profit and/or for-profit organizations
- Offers strategies for teaching, business and design technologies
Review and Notification Process
You will receive electronic notification when your proposal has been received. You will also be notified via email by Nov. 1, 2020, as to whether your proposal has been accepted or declined.
SETC does not provide honoraria for presenters at the convention. SETC is a membership organization and all accepted workshop presenters and their co-presenters, panelists and assistants are required to be members of the organization and must pre-register as Adults (not as Students) for the SETC Convention by midnight ET on Dec. 11, 2020.
Guidelines for Applicants
- SETC will not select proposals that attempt to promote or sell a product or issue. Our sponsorship, exhibiting and advertising opportunities are better suited for those needs. For more info about those opportunities, please contact Bradley Branham.
- To provide new and relevant programming for our attendees, we kindly ask that you do not submit a workshop proposal that you have presented in the previous three years.
- Applicants must be at least 18 years of age.
- Graduate students may present workshops, but they must register as an ADULT (Not as a student).
- Undergraduate students may only assist with workshops, and they must register as an ADULT (Not as a student).
- All Presenters, Co-Presenters and Assistants of an accepted workshop must register for convention as ADULTS by midnight ET on Dec. 2, 2019.
Workshop Skill Levels
Workshops will be offered at the following skill levels:
- Beginner/Basic: Introduction and exploration of concepts
- Intermediate: Building on basic skills and developing competency
- Advanced: Fine tuning for professional artists and practitioners experienced with the concept
Previous SETC Conventions
Thank you to everyone who presented a workshop in 2020! The photos below offer a small sampling of the wide variety of workshops that have taken place previously at the annual SETC Conventions. For a full overview of the 2020’s workshop programming, browse the online schedule. Photos by Caitie McMekin.