Each year, the Ten-Minute Play Festival is open to all SETC convention attendees no matter your age or affiliation. All you have to do is apply and be ready to CREATE and PRODUCE a production within 24 hours.
2019 applications are available as part of the online convention registration process, Oct. 15, 2018 – Jan. 22, 2019 (Noon ET).
Here’s How it Works:
- Actors perform audition monologues.
- Playwrights work throughout the night to create their plays.
- The next morning, directors select a completed script and choose the actors.
- Groups work together to rehearse and stage their plays.
- The Ten-Minute Play Festival culminates in an evening of public performances followed by a response session.
A response session immediately follows the performances of the ten-minute plays that have been conceived, written and rehearsed over the previous 24 hours.
To be announced!
Thank you, Mark Charney!
Mark Charney, Director of the School of Theatre and Dance at Texas Tech University, serves as Associate Director of the National Critics Institute for the O’Neill Theatre Center. His plays have received numerous readings and awards throughout the country. His play SHOOTING BLANKS was recently produced in Jakarta and the Prague Fringe Festival. Mark received an award for his work in criticism and dramaturgy (and was made an honorary inductee) at the Actors Hall of Fame Induction Ceremony in Los Angeles. He was a recent winner of the prestigious William Kerns Award for Excellence in Performing Arts.