Renew your Membership:
Then select “Manage Membership” form the drop down menu
You can join any time of year that works best for you!
- I.B-Rule 2. Membership. All memberships, except Life Memberships, are valid for one year. Renewal of memberships will be required for the member on their original anniversary date.
Cost of Membership
|Senior Discount (Ages 65+)||$55|
|Organizational (required for some activities)||$80|
Membership Benefits Include:
- Access to register for SETC events throughout the year
- Bi-monthly email newsletter SETC News
- Print subscription to the quarterly magazine Southern Theatre
- Annual College Directory listing program details and degree specialties for educational institutions with Organizational Membership, published as a special insert to the Winter issue of Southern Theatre
- Weekly email listing recent job postings on the SETC Theatre Job Board
- Discounted job postings on the SETC Theatre Job Board
- Access to and listing in the SETC/IOT Membership Directory (available only to non-student individual members)
- A copy of Theatre Symposium, SETC’s annual scholarly journal
- Voting rights for the organization’s not-for-profit leadership
Each individual, theatre school, professional company, performing group or theatre business has its own unique reason for becoming part of the SETC organization.
- For some, joining SETC is about finding a job in theatre, whether it be on stage or off.
- Some join SETC to find employees.
- For others, it is about being part of a national network of theatre practitioners and advocates.
- Academics find SETC a place to present workshops or contribute articles for publication that assist their tenure track or career in general.
- Colleges and universities become members to recruit students to their undergraduate and graduate programs.
- Individuals join to stay abreast of the latest in theatre techniques and technologies.
- Students join to audition for Undergraduate or Graduate School.
- Designers and Technicians join to nurture new talents or ‘grow’ their own.
- Five theatre festivals attract many to the yearly convention.
- Others become members and stay year after year because SETC offers the most opportunity in the country to connect to others in all aspects of theatre.
Membership Opportunities Overview
Please note: Some benefits have additional registration and/or application requirements. Additional fees may apply.
Auditions & Interviews
SETC hosts multiple auditions throughout the year, both for professional actors seeking work and for prospective students seeking admission to all levels of school/training programs.
Awards, Grants & Scholarships
SETC is proud to provide financial support to students, professionals and producing theatre companies through theatre scholarships, awards and grants. SETC’s Scholarship/Awards Fund supports these awards.
These groups function year-round to inform members and help with convention program planning. Connect with groups aligned with your interest areas to learn more.
SETC’s Theatre Consulting Network draws on the resources of a national network of experienced theatre specialists and practitioners to advise companies and organizations on a comprehensive range of issues.
Events & Festivals
SETC offers an array of national caliber events and festivals for theatre professionals and students of every theatre discipline.
Southeastern Theatre Conference offers an in-depth quarterly magazine, a bi-monthly membership newsletter, and an annual scholarly publication as a benefit of membership.
Theatre Job Services
SETC connects employers to job candidates seeking off-stage, production, administrative and educational jobs in theatre through a year-round online job board and an annual Theatre Job Fair held on site at the Annual Convention.