The Southeastern Theatre Conference is proud to provide financial support to students, professionals and producing theatre companies through theatre scholarships, awards and grants.
Theatre Company Grants
NEW – SETC is pleased to introduce two grant programs to support producing theatre companies.
- Staffing Development Matching Grant for SETC Member Theatres
- SETC Convention Grant for Non-Member, Non-Academic Producing Theatres
Individuals continuing their study in theatre are encouraged to apply for SETC’s graduate and undergraduate scholarships. SETC’s Endowment Fund supports each award; please consider making a tax-deductible contribution to support education in theatre.
SETC offer five scholarships for graduate study in areas of theatre.
- Leighton M. Ballew Scholarship for Directing
- Denise Halbach Scholarship for Performance
- Robert Porterfield Scholarship for Theatre Study
- Marian A. Smith Scholarship for Costume Design/Technology
- William E. Wilson Scholarship for Secondary School Educators
SETC offers two scholarships for those entering undergraduate theatre programs.
- Polly Holliday Scholarship for College-Bound Theatre Students
- Secondary School Scholarship for College-Bound Theatre Students
SETC honors theatre practitioners of all levels through a variety of prestigious awards. From celebrating young scholars to recognizing lifetime achievement in theatre, from monetary prizes to experience awards, from contests to nominations, SETC’s awards take many forms and serve to distinguish a diverse range of theatre artists. Find the right award for you:
- Design Competition Awards for Graduate and Undergraduate Designers at Convention
- Distinguished Career Award for Outstanding Contributions to the Theatrical Arts
- Getchell New Play Contest for Worthy New Plays and Playwrights
- Hall of Fame for Persons, Living or Deceased, Who Have Made Major Contributions to SETC
- Innovative Playwriting Instruction Award for High School Teachers
- John Spiegel Theatrical Artist Award for Students Pursuing Design/Tech Degrees
- Keynote Emerging Artists of Promise (KEAP) Awards for Deserving High Schoolers
- Mark R. Sumner Award for Significant Contributions to Outdoor Drama
- Ready to Design Awards (previously Ready to Work) for Graduate Design Competition Entrants
- Ready to Direct Competition Award for Early Career Directors
- Ready to Publish Award for Original Scripts
- Sara Spencer Child Drama Award for Distinct Achievement in Theatre for Youth
- Scott Parker Award for Exceptional Volunteerism in the Field of Outdoor Theatre
- Suzanne M. Davis Memorial Award for Distinguished Service to SETC
- Tom Behm Award for Professional Development in Theatre for Youth
- Young Scholars Award for Exemplary Undergraduate and Graduate Papers