Established by SETC in 2015, the Southeastern Theatre Conference Hall of Fame recognizes persons, living or deceased, who have made major contributions to the organization. These contributions may be administrative, artistic, and/or financial and have made a significant impact on SETC’s success over a sustained period of time. The Hall of Fame commemorates their achievements and celebrates their meaningful contributions to the organization.
Congratulations to Our Inaugural Inductees:
These dedicated individuals will be inducted into the SETC Hall of Fame on Saturday, March 10, during the Annual SETC Business Meeting at the 2018 Convention in Mobile, AL: Don Creason, N. Bennett East, April J’Callahan Marshall, Jonathan Michaelsen and Julie Richardson.
Nominations are accepted from Sept. 1 – Oct. 30 annually.
Selection Process / Other Details
- Who can submit a nomination? Members of the board, SETC staff, or members of SETC in good standing can nominate anyone they feel appropriate.
- Who makes selections? SETC’s Executive Committee will be the arbiter for who is selected as a member of that year’s class of recipients. Decisions by ExCom will be made by the conclusion of Winter ExCom meeting.
- How many nominees will be inducted? Up to five individuals will be inducted the first year (2017-2018). Up to three individuals will be inducted each year thereafter.
- When will nominees be inducted? The induction will take place during the annual Business Meeting at the SETC Convention.
- Who is eligible? Those individuals who are inducted will have given significant service to the organization but do not have to be members. Individuals who have received the Suzanne Davis Award are also eligible for inclusion in the Hall of Fame.
- How will inductees be honored? Upon induction, a plaque will be presented to the inductee, and their name will be placed on a “virtual” plaque that is always present on our website.