About the Award
SETC’s Keynote Emerging Artist of Promise (KEAP) Award is designated to help talented, scholarly high school theatre students who are economically disadvantaged to attend the Annual SETC Convention. Students are nominated based on scholastic aptitude, artistic potential and financial need.
The award includes the following:
- One-year SETC membership
- Admission to the SETC convention
- Shared hotel room Wednesday-Saturday nights at the convention or room reimbursement of up to $250.00 at convention
During the course of the Convention, the award winners will:
- Attend a Q&A session with a keynote speaker
- Receive complimentary reserved seating at the Friday Lunch
- Receive complimentary reserved seating for Saturday night Awards Banquet
- Attend workshops and events at the conference
- If eligible, KEAP students will audition or interview for scholarships in Undergraduate Auditions/Interviews (applications fees are waived)
Now Accepting Nominations!
Up to four Keynote Emerging Artists of Promise will be chosen from the nominations and notified the third week of January prior to the convention. Submit a completed Nomination Packet along with any supplemental materials in PDF format to KEAP Chair Carrie Roberts by Jan. 15, 2019:
2018 KEAP Award Recipients
Given in Appreciation of the Work of Samm-Art Williams
Congratulations to Christopher Clemons, Jacolby Saucier and Michael Armstrong!
2018 KEAP award recipients Christopher Clemons, Jacolby Saucier and Michael Armstrong grab pictures with Chris Chalk, Suzan Zeder and Jane Greenwood after their keynotes at the 69th Annual SETC Convention in Mobile, AL.