About the Award
SETC’s Keynote Emerging Artist of Promise (KEAP) Award is designated to help talented, scholarly high school theatre students who are economically disadvantaged to attend the annual SETC Convention. Students are nominated based on scholastic aptitude, artistic potential and financial need.
The award includes the following:
- One-year SETC membership
- Admission to the SETC Convention
- Shared hotel room Wednesday-Saturday nights at the convention or room reimbursement of up to $250
During the course of the SETC Convention, the award winners will:
- Attend a Q&A session with a keynote speaker
- Receive complimentary reserved seating at the Friday Lunch
- Receive complimentary reserved seating for Saturday night Awards Banquet
- Attend workshops and events at the conference
- If eligible, KEAP students will audition or interview for scholarships in Undergraduate Auditions/Interviews (applications fees are waived)
We are now accepting nominations for the 2020 KEAP Awards! Up to four Keynote Emerging Artists of Promise will be chosen from the nominations and notified by the end of January prior to the SETC Convention. Completed nomination packets should be emailed to email@example.com by Jan. 15, 2020.
2019 KEAP Award Recipients
Given in Appreciation of the Work of Samm-Art Williams
Congratulations to Damian Bowden, Mary Fran Healey, Naomi Kapusinski and Diane Snoddy!
2019 KEAP award recipients Damian Bowden, Mary Fran Healey, Naomi Kapusinski and Diane Snoddy grab pictures with Levi Kreis, Elyzabeth Gregory Wilder and Muriel Miguel after their keynotes at the 70th Annual SETC Convention in Knoxville, TN. Photos by Caitie McMekin.