SETC and Stage Rights present a unique opportunity for playwrights! Established in 2016, the SETC/Stage Rights Ready to Publish Award is a program dedicated to developing, publishing, and licensing new works by members of the SETC community.
2020 Award Submissions
Submissions Open: Oct. 16, 2019
Submissions Close: Nov. 20, 2019, 11:59 a.m. ET
We are seeking completed full-length pieces that are either unproduced or have had one world premiere production or produced staged reading suitable for professional, educational and amateur venues.
The awards process is open to all, and there is no submission fee. The author of the winning piece must attend the 2020 SETC Convention in Louisville, KY, where a panel reading of the play will be held.
One Winner Will Receive:
- Publication of the winning play in the Stage Rights catalog of plays and musicals
- A panel reading of the play at SETC 2020, hosted by the SETC Playwriting committee
- 2020 SETC Convention registration and one-year SETC Membership
- Prominent display of the final published play by Stage Rights at SETC 2021
- $400 Royalty Advance from Stage Rights
- Author/playwright retains all copyright ownership
Recap: Two Readings at SETC 2019
The 70th annual SETC Convention in Knoxville, TN, featured panel readings of the 2018 and 2019 Ready to Publish Award-winning plays: “Anthropology Lesson” by J. Harvey Stone and “Rev” by Rachel Bykowski.