Support Education in Theatre
Contributions to the Endowment Fund allow SETC to grant annual awards and scholarships to those pursuing an education in theatre.
The SETC Endowment Fund supports these scholarships and awards:
- Denise Halbach Scholarship for graduate study in acting or musical theatre performance
- John Spiegel Theatrical Artist Award for students pursuing a technical theatre degree
- Keynote Emerging Artists of Promise (KEAP) for high school students with financial need
- Leighton M. Ballew Scholarship for graduate study in directing
- Marian A. Smith Scholarship for graduate study in costume
- Robert Porterfield Scholarship for graduate study in theatre
- Tom Behm Award for professional development in the field of theatre for youth
- Undergraduate Scholarship for college-bound high school theatre students
- William E. Wilson Scholarship for graduate study for secondary school theatre educators
For more information on any of our scholarships, visit Scholarships and Awards.
Ways to Give
1. Make a Donation
Your tax-deductible contributions are welcome! Simply visit our online donations page and enter the amount you would like to donate. You can give to our General Fund (your contribution will be applied where SETC’s need is greatest) and/or designate which specific scholarship(s) you would like to support. It’s that easy to help theatre students achieve their goals!
2. Become a Life Member
If you would like to become a Life Member of the country’s largest theatre organization, your $1,320 lifetime membership to SETC goes directly to support the Endowment Fund. Contact our central office to become an SETC Life Member.
3. Shop AmazonSmile
Select the Southeastern Theatre Conference as the charitable organization you’d like to support, and Amazon will donate 0.5% of the price of your eligible AmazonSmile purchases to us:
4. Buy Convention Gear
Each year at the SETC Convention, we sell a variety of SETC and theatre-related goodies (t-shirts, lanyards, bags, notebooks, and more) on site in our Convention Gear booth. There’s something new every year, so come see what we have to offer. All proceeds support the Endowment Fund.
5. Support the Silent Auction
You’ll also find our annual Silent Auction on site at the SETC Convention. Again, all proceeds support the Endowment Fund, so consider donating an item or placing a bid.
6. Help Us Expand Opportunities
In consultation with SETC, donors may allocate their gift to a specific project or fund. When aligned with the needs of our membership, SETC gratefully accepts in-kind support (goods and services) as well as sponsorships and underwriting by corporations, foundations, or other groups. Read our Charitable Gifts and Gift Acceptance Policies for a broad overview of what gifts SETC can accept and how we use the funds. Please get in touch with any ideas you or your organization may have to support our work!
Contributions to the SETC Endowment
May 2018 – April 2019
Thank you to all who have generously contributed to SETC’s endowment recently!
* Denotes Contributors to the Institute of Outdoor Theatre Endowment
Mary Kate Brooks
Robert Hobbs *
Betsey and David Horth
Chip Keebaugh *
Kris Rau McIntyre
Julie A. Richardson