About the Grant
The Outdoor Theatre Pandemic Assistance Grant is intended for non-academic professional theatres with current/planned SETC organizational membership status. Funds may be used to support theatre operations related to reopening theatres and best practices for pandemic safety protocols including equipment, supplies, training, and/or other pandemic-related reopening expenses.
Submissions Open: May 17, 2021
Submission Deadline: June 30, 2021
Frequently Asked Questions
What is SETC?
Our Mission: Connecting You to Opportunities in Theatre Nationwide
Our Vision: SETC is the strongest and broadest network of theatre practitioners in the United States. We provide extensive resources and year‐round opportunities for our constituents. Our services, publications, and products contribute significantly to the careers of emerging artists, seasoned professionals, and academicians. SETC energizes the practical, intellectual, and creative profile of theatre in America.
Our Ethos: SETC is resolutely committed to equity, diversity, inclusion, and accessibility in the life and culture of our organization. We are actively interrogating our policies and practices to deliberately take action and institutionalize anti-racist and anti-oppressive policies and practice. SETC will work to center marginalized voices, bodies, and stories. We will listen and learn about racism, discrimination, and adversity.
What organizations are eligible for the Outdoor Theatre Pandemic Assistance Grant?
Organizations are eligible to apply to the Outdoor Theatre Pandemic Assistance Grant if they meet the following eligibility requirements:
- Are current SETC organizational member or will join upon receipt of a grant award
- Are a producing outdoor theatre company that is not primarily funded by a college or university
- Currently possess and have possessed 501(c)(3) tax-exempt status as defined by the IRS for at least two years
- An inclusive environment for everyone, regardless of race, ethnicity, religion, color, national origin, age, disability (physical or mental), sexual orientation, gender identity, parental status, marital status, as well as gender expression, mental illness, socioeconomic status or background, neuro(a)typicality, or physical appearance. We expect professional companies to celebrate unique differences, create a welcoming and inclusive experience, and comply with all applicable federal, state and local laws and ordinances, including but not limited to those that bar discrimination on the characteristics above or any other characteristic protected by law
- Comply with Fair Labor Standards
What is SETC’s definition of a professional outdoor theatre?
A theatre that provides monetary compensation/salary on a contracted basis to a minimum of 85% of their staff, designers, technicians, actors, and musicians. In addition, companies must have been in production a minimum of two full seasons and perform the majority of their programming in outdoor spaces.
What’s involved in completing a grant application?
Details are provided on the grant guidelines documents, but the application process has been specifically designed to be simple and straightforward. SETC encourages interested professional outdoor theatre companies to apply! Please complete the online application, including a required organizational and project narrative as instructed, and supplemental materials as directed.
How do I submit my application?
Grant applications must be completed and submitted online via our applications portal.
What is the application deadline?
Grant applications are now open and will close on June 30, 2021 at 11:59 PM ET.
How many grants will be awarded?
SETC will grant $10,000 to outdoor theatres in the summer of 2021. Grants will be in the amounts of $1,000 to $2,000 with the number granted to be determined based on response.
What if I have additional questions?
For assistance with the grant application process, please email firstname.lastname@example.org with a detailed explanation of questions regarding the application or the program. Please provide return contact information (email and phone). Every attempt will be made to reply to requests within two business days. Replies may be made in the form of email or phone contact.