About the Scholarship
The Undergraduate Scholarship is designated for a high school student on entering a college or university in the SETC region to major in theatre. This award was previously known as the Secondary School Scholarship and has incorporated funding from the former Polly Holliday Scholarship.
2019-2020 Scholarship Applications
Thank you to everyone who applied! We look forward to announcing the winning scholar.
Selection Process and Timeline
- Applications Accepted: Jan. 1 – April 1, 2019
- Application Reviews / Candidate Interviews: April – June 2019
- Winning Scholar Announced on SETC Website: June 30, 2019
- Scholarship Funds Available: Upon Proof of Matriculation, 2019-2020 Academic Year
- Winning Scholar Attends SETC Convention: 71st Annual Convention; Louisville, KY; Feb. 26 – March 1, 2020
One Scholar Will Receive
- Free one-year SETC student membership
- Free registration for the 2020 SETC Convention
- Photo and bio recognition on the SETC website
Candidates must meet each of these qualifications to be eligible for this award:
- You must be a current high school senior in the SETC region*
- You must be planning to attend an accredited program of theatre studies in the SETC region* during the 2019-2020 academic year.
* The SETC region includes Alabama, Florida, Georgia, Kentucky, Mississippi, North Carolina, South Carolina, Tennessee, Virginia and West Virginia.
For consideration, eligible candidates must submit the following materials in a single, multi-page PDF document to email@example.com by the deadline:
- Completed Application Form
- A personal letter outlining plans and objectives for theatre study
- A complete theatre resume
- Three letters of reference, one from high school principal, addressing the applicant’s talent and potential for academic success as a theatre major – Reference letters may be sent directly to firstname.lastname@example.org
- Complete transcript including GPA, class rank and SAT or ACT scores